Operator Operation Operand types
+ Union compatible set types
- Difference compatible set types
* Intersection compatible set types
The results of set operations conform to the rules of set logic:
- An ordinal value C is in A + B only if C is in A or B.
- An ordinal value C is in A - B only if C is in A and not in B.
- An ordinal value C is in A * B only if C is in both A and B.
If the smallest ordinal value that is a member of the result of a set operation is A and the largest is B, the type of the result is set of A..B.